[R] Problem with package fpc

Sarah Paul PaulSC at cardiff.ac.uk
Tue Mar 2 11:01:52 CET 2010

   I am trying to load package fpc in order to use the 'plotcluster' function
   however everytime I attempt to do so I get the following warning message:

   > library(fpc)
   Error: package 'MASS' could not be loaded
   In addition: Warning messages:
   1: package 'fpc' was built under R version 2.9.2
   2: In library(pkg, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, lib.loc =
   lib.loc) :
     there is no package called 'MASS'

   I thought that MASS was one of the basic packages supplied with R but when I
   look in the library I cannot find it.

   However in windows programme documents under R there is a folder called
   MASS.

   Could somebody tell me where I am going wrong?

   Thanks in advance,

   Sarah Paul,

   Cardiff University