[R] Problem with package installation

Rubén Roa rroa at azti.es
Mon Jun 21 11:03:56 CEST 2010

Dear ComRades,

I am having the "wrong MD5 checksums" error with every package I try to install.
It happened with R 2.11.0, then I updated to R 2.11.1, same thing.

sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=Spanish_Spain.1252  LC_CTYPE=Spanish_Spain.1252    LC_MONETARY=Spanish_Spain.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C                   LC_TIME=Spanish_Spain.1252

attached base packages:

[1] tools_2.11.1

I triend changing the mirror, to no avail. Then I tried downloading zip files and installing from local zips but again I got the "wrong MD5 checksums" error

utils:::menuInstallLocal()
files R/MASS.rdb, data/Rdata.rdb, help/MASS.rdb have the wrong MD5 checksums

In some cases, another error message pointed to a namespace problem, for example:

library(Formula)
Error in get(Info[i, 1], envir = env) :
  internal error -3 in R_decompress1
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Formula'

Any hints?

Dr. Rubén Roa-Ureta
AZTI - Tecnalia / Marine Research Unit
Txatxarramendi Ugartea z/g