[R] questions on some operators in R

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Sat Jun 19 13:00:01 CEST 2010

Greg Snow wrote:
> If you really care more about saving characters or key strokes over
> clarity of expression then you should really be using APL...

I would agree with that. When I had to learn APL at university, I hated
it because it was like typing hieroglyphics. Finally I bought the manual
and learned what I was doing, and realized that it was pretty neat. The
hitch was that you had to have a special keyboard for all the
hieroglyphics, although one could probably write an interface for a
QWERTY (or other layout) and use the appropriate character set.

Jim