[R] R licensing query

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 16:48:22 CEST 2010

On 17/06/2010 10:26 AM, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> I think there is something else going on here, since no "security" organization would accept an email from a nonexistent organization as justification for adding software that they are suspicious of to their system.

The R Foundation is not "nonexistent", but our answer to the questions
about compatibility and harmlessness are in the banner you get when you
start it:

This is a shorter version of the longer non-warranty in paragraph 11 of
the GPL v2, which you can see by running

RShowDoc("COPYING")

from within R.

Duncan Murdoch