[R] R licensing query

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Jun 17 16:26:48 CEST 2010

I think there is something else going on here, since no "security" organization would accept an email from a nonexistent organization as justification for adding software that they are suspicious of to their system.

On the other hand, if you can't figure out what is really going on, and you can loosen up some funds, you can probably get Revolutions R to provider you with commercial support.

"McAllister, Gina" <gina.mcallister at luht.scot.nhs.uk> wrote:

>I have recently started a new job at an NHS hospital in Scotland.  Since
>I took up this post 6 months ago I have had an ongoing dispute with the
>IT secutiry dept. who refuse to install R on my computer.  I previously
>worked in another branch of the NHS where R was widely used and yet
>there is nothing I can say which will persuade the IT dept here to even
>visit the website!  With some help from our head of department, they
>have now agreed to install R but only if they receive an email from 'R'
>ensuring that it is licensed for commercial use, is compaitable with
>Windows XP and will not affect the networked computer system here.  My
>only other option for data anlaysis is Excel, we have no money for
>S-plus or any other stats programme.  Can anyone suggest anything or
>send me a suitable email?
>
>Many thanks,
>Georgina

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing