[R] MacOS X binary for lme4 not available on CRAN

Armin Goralczyk agoralczyk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 10:01:58 CEST 2010

Dear group,

I have noticed that the MacOS X binary for lme4 is not available on
CRAN at the moment. I am aware that it may be possible to install from
source but I am not very familiar with that procedure and would rather
avoid it. But I need the package for a statistics course next week. So
can anybody give an update about the situation with the MacOS X
binaries? Will it be resolved within the next days or should I rather
install from source (in that case: is my assumption correct that it is
possible or will it fail (I read the the check log and it seems that
there is some error ?)

Thank you for any advise or help

--
Armin Goralczyk