[R] (nlme, lme, glmmML, or glmmPQL)mixed effect models with large spatial data sets

Seth sjmyers at syr.edu
Sat Jan 23 08:09:19 CET 2010

Update on above.  I sampled my data to create a 10,000 observation data set.
I then tried lme with a correlation = corSpher and only one predictor, as a
test.  I set my memory.limit to the max allowable.  It ran for a while then
returned

Error: cannot allocate vector of size 64.0 Mb.

I can see how 50K obs busted it.  But 64 Mb? Perhaps there is another limit
set by the lme function? -seth