[R] Panel order in lattice with xyplot

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Sat Jan 9 19:05:08 CET 2010

Carol wrote:

> I am a new user of R  and I am going very slow….

Never mind, R has s a steep (or, more accurately, shallow) learning curve.

Carol wrote:

> I am using lattice and am trying to draw a multipanel figure. The problems
> are that I am not able to find out how to:
> 1. Set the order of the panels.
> 2. Set the order of the x axes.

For an easy, but restricted, way to change the order of the panels, see
as.table in the documentation of xyplot. To change the order panels with
categorical variable, it is easiest to change the order of the categories;
see, for example, "reorder".

Carol wrote:

> Benthic<- read.table(file="WWTP 1 WICK 5.txt",header = TRUE)
> .. Code removed

Your example is fine, with the exception that other people cannot reproduce
it because they do not have the data file. So always include dummy data for
a detailed reply