[R] Odp: two questions for R beginners

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Feb 26 11:36:08 CET 2010

Hi

It was class, mode or type.of imported data which I usually believed they
are something but actually they were something else until I learned that
when something does not look as I would expect I shall blame myself for
wrong expectation.

For the time being I would say that reshape and factor ordering especially
with groupedData objects from nlme are still giving me a headache and many
trials and errors to get desired result. And of course regular expressions
but they are not related with R but with my laziness to learn it due to
fact that on this list there are many clever experts which can solve the
problem for a fraction of time I could do it myself.

For documents in the beginning I would vote for Paul Johnsons Rtips. About
10 yars ago it was nice collection of several useful Howto's.

Regards
Petr