[R] Changing style for groups in xyplot

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Wed Feb 24 19:48:43 CET 2010

Antje Steller wrote:

> Hello,
> Now I would like to change how the different groups are displayed - now
> they are circles in different colors, and I would like to change those
> colors.
>
> ..
> my complete xyplot command right now looks like this:
>
> xyplot(a ~ b| t*h, groups=r, xlab="Zyklen", ylab="Riss [%]",
> auto.key=list(lab=levels(r),columns=3))

My preferred method is to change the colors globally to enforce consistency.

sup = trellis.par.get("superpose.symbol")
sub
# make changes to sup$col and possible to sup$fill and sub$pch
trellis.par.set("superpose.symbol",sub)
show.settings()
# Do your plotting

I you want better answer, prepare an example with dummy data. The call to
xyplot you showed is not "complete".

Dieter