[R] GenABEL - problems with load.gwaa.data

Euphoria yeshapatel83 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 17:19:16 CET 2010

Hi all!  I am using GenABEL on R for GWAS analysis.  I am having a couple of
issues:

First, I am having a problem reading files (.map, & .ped, size 900Mb, using
windows 32-bit) onto R in the "convert.snp.ped" statement.  I am thinking
this problem is likely due to the large size of the files & my version of R
is not able to handle them, since I can read in smaller files.

Second, and the more precedent issue, is with the load.gwaa.data statement.
It keeps giving me the error: "more columns than column names". I have tried
to read in the .dat file (and alternately the .csv file) without the header,
that does not work. I have checked my data-set and there aren't any
discernible columns that are missing. Here's my code:

mix <- load.gwaa.data (phe = "Z:/.../CCF Pheno.csv", gen = "pedmap-0.raw",
force = T)

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!