[R] nlme w/no groups and spatially correlated residuals

Seth sjmyers at syr.edu
Fri Feb 12 01:32:16 CET 2010

Hi,

I would like to specify a spherical correlation structure for spatially
autocorrelated residuals in a model based upon the logistic function of a
response that is a proportion (0 to 1) (so usual binary logistic regression
is not an option).  There is no need for a g-side random effect with
grouping in this model. Am I correct that nlme requires this (meaning a
correlated error structure only is not permissible)?  I have tried to
replicate the 'abuse' of the lme function I've seen for similar problems
(specifying that all observations belong to one group), but this does not
seem to work for nlme.  Any legitimate work arounds?

Thanks,
Seth