[R] Barplot axis titles

RagingJim nowa0021 at flinders.edu.au
Fri Feb 12 00:23:33 CET 2010

Cheers Jim.

However when I input:

axis.ticks<-seq(kent[1,2],kent[dimkent[34,2]],by=10)

I get the error "Error in dimkent[1,2] : incorrect number of dimensions"

What are these dimensions that I am meant to have in there? I have tried
total dimensions of the table, dimension of the row that I need, but I still
continue to get the same error.

Everything I type after here is more an explanation of what I have tried,
and superfluous to the actual current problem.

If I use the data.frame of "kent", the dimensions are 34,16, and is a
matrix. For some reason whenever I try to create a new matrix/data frame,
the "Year" column becomes 1,2,3,4,5,6...34 etc. This is because the original
data.frame has the year column as a fact:

$ Year       : Factor w/ 39 levels "1977","1978",..: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

and as soon as I attempt to withdraw the years, it turns them into 1,2,3
etc.

If I make a table i.e kent=as.table(kent) and cut it down to 2 rows, it
seems to have number values that I can remove. This new table (which as I
mentioned is the only I seem to be able to have a table of the two relevant
columns (year and rainfall), has new dimensions of 34,2.

Thanks again mate.