[R] (linux) display messages in R startup screen

Wolfgang Raffelsberger wraff at igbmc.fr
Thu Feb 11 12:08:33 CET 2010

Dear guRus,

I'm maintaining central R installation (Linux) for our institute.  The
startup screen of R traditionally echoes some messages (starting with "R
version ...Copyright (C).. The R Foundation for Statistical
Computing...") and  I'd like to display for example right after these
messages some other messages about our specific setup, how to contact me
etc ...
What would be the best place to add this ?

I've been looking into the bin/ directory (ie /linux/local/lib64/R/bin)
but I'm not shure about the best place/way for such messages.
On Windows I've used the etc/Rprofile.site for somehow similar issues,
but I haven't seen any equivalent on our linux installation.

Any suggestions ?

Thank's in advance
Wolfgang

For completeness:
 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.0 (2009-10-26)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

locale:
[1] C

attached base packages:

Wolfgang Raffelsberger, PhD
Laboratoire de BioInformatique et Génomique Intégratives
CNRS UMR7104, IGBMC,
1 rue Laurent Fries,  67404 Illkirch  Strasbourg,  France
Tel (+33) 388 65 3300         Fax (+33) 388 65 3276
wolfgang.raffelsberger (at) igbmc.fr