[R] Interactively editing point labels in a graph

Felix Andrews felix at nfrac.org
Wed Feb 3 23:51:25 CET 2010

For your situation, perhaps the best option is to save the plot in a
vector format like WMF, PDF or SVG, and open it with an external
editor. Inkscape is a good one.

On 4 February 2010 06:46, trece por ciento <el13porciento at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Liviu
> In a first look it seems OK. Two questions:
> 1. Playwith accept directly the plots created by the ca package, but it seems unable to identify the point labels
> For example:
> data(smoke)
> smoke
> ca(smoke)
> plot(ca(smoke))
> playwith(plot(ca(smoke)))
> Then, if I try to identify a label playwith gives the message "Sorry, can not guess the data point coordinates. Please contact the maintainer with suggestions".
> If I ask to select the label from a table playwith sends the following message to RGui: "Error in data.frame(..., check.names = FALSE) :
> arguments imply differing number of rows: 2, 0"
> 2. Can playwith draw ellipses or any other figure around selected points?
>
> (For the first question it seems my fault, but I don't know how to fix it)
>
> Hug

Felix Andrews / 安福立
Postdoctoral Fellow
Integrated Catchment Assessment and Management (iCAM) Centre
Fenner School of Environment and Society [Bldg 48a]
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia
M: +61 410 400 963
T: + 61 2 6125 4670