[R] Missing names in LMER and GLM

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Mon Feb 1 21:13:10 CET 2010

The default way that R deals with categorical variables is to choose one level as the baseline and measure everything else as differences from the baseline.  Based on the information that you gave us, the reasonable explanation is that MNX is used as the baseline and is represented in the intercept and the other coefficients measure the offset from MNX.  If this is not what is happening, then we will need a minimal, self-contained, reproducible example.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center