[R] Removing Corrupt file

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Dec 17 15:27:10 CET 2010

On Dec 17, 2010, at 2:24 AM, vikrant wrote:

> Hi
> I am generating a graph jpeg file using a function R.  I m using this
> script
> a<- 1:10
> b <- 1:10
> jpeg("mygraph.jpeg")
> {
> plot(a,b)
> }
> dev.off()
>

> If by some chance I do miss some values suppose for a , the file gets
> created initially and then we do not plot anything in it.

This is not making sense, see below.

> This file now
> becomes corrupted and we cannot delete this file from current R
> Session.
> I Have tried commands like file.remove() and unlink to remove the
> corrupt
> file from current  R session.
> Is there any other way inorder to remove such files??

There was a question earlier this week that may have provoked an
answer that applies:

?graohics.off  # followed by file.remove()

But I am puzzled. I would not have expected missing values in vectors
offered to a plot command to have resulted in a corrupted file and I
am unable to reproduce the behavior when I insert missing values into
the "a" vector. This suggests you may have more fundamental problems
with your installation of R (about which you have not provided the
requested information).

--
David.