[R] Optimize multiple variable sets

Jonathan P Daily jdaily at usgs.gov
Mon Dec 6 15:57:26 CET 2010

I suppose I should have been more clear. I saw that her interval did not
include the actual minimum, but I was asking if (and if, why) she was
expecting the minimum x value to be different for each run. If the y value
were returned the same on each run that would be puzzling.

As for the returned x issue, you are correct that it is a 'tol' issue:
reducing tol to something reasonably low approximates the min fairly well.
Jonathan P. Daily
Technician - USGS Leetown Science Center
11649 Leetown Road
Kearneysville WV, 25430
(304) 724-4480
"Is the room still a room when its empty? Does the room,
 the thing itself have purpose? Or do we, what's the word... imbue it."
     - Jubal Early, Firefly