[R] Need help on heatmap, K-means and hhierarchical clustering methods

meetsiddu1 meetsiddu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 03:36:51 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

I am new to the R software. I have been going through different materials to
know more about R.
I have the R software installed on my windows machine.I would like to know
the R source code for the following problems on iris flower data set.

I need to do the cluster analysis project with the iris data set. The goal
is to cluster the flowers
according to their Sepal.Length, Sepal.Width, Petal.Length, and Petal.Width
information. Eventually we want to see whether they fall into three
clusters, which
corresponds to the three species. and complete the following questions.

a. Make a heat map of the above dissimilarity matrix(iris data).
b. Cluster the iris data using K-Means methods with k=3
c. Cluster the iris data using an hierarchical clustering method of your
choice.
Plot the related dendrogram. Use the R functions hclust()and dist() (as well
as function daisy())

I am new to this forum as well. I hope you guys help out in finishing this
project.

Please let me know if any further information is needed.

Thanks
Siddu