[R] read SAS dataset using read.ssd()

Peter Dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 08:30:01 CEST 2010

array chip wrote:
> Looks like the log file is not appropriately attached. Here it is again. Thanks
> for any suggestions.
>
> John

Well, SAS isn't finding the file "test" in the SAS library
".....\Desktop", presumably because it has the wrong extension.

The obvious question is whether you can read the .ssd01 file from SAS at
all (I believe there's an Import menu somewhere). If you cannot, then R
won't be able to help, if you can, there's an obvious workaround in
saving it back as .sas7bdat.

--
Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501