[R] write.csv size limit in R 2.11.0 -- crashes

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 23:10:38 CEST 2010

On 26/04/2010 4:25 PM, N Klepeis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed R 2.11.0 Win32 and tried to use write.csv (or
> write.table) to write a 121000x26 data frame. This crashes R.
>
> The dataframe was written OK in R 2.10.1.
>
> I tried up to 108000 rows and the file was written OK.  But then going
> to 109000 causes the crash.
>
> Anyone else see this?   I'll gather some more info before reporting a bug.

Please try R 2.11.0 patched.  There was a problem in the date/time
formatting routines which I fixed a few days ago in revision 51811 that
could be involved here.  (You may need to wait a few days:
CRAN is offline, and the mirrors I checked hadn't updated to this
version yet.)

You could also try an R-devel build; it never had the bug.

Duncan Murdoch

P.S. Bug discussions are generally better in R-devel rather than R-help