[R] update of a function

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Sun Apr 18 18:37:07 CEST 2010

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010, carol white wrote:

> Hi, I could finally create an R package. I was suprised to notice that
> when I want to update a function, even if it is updated in
> package_name/R/function.R and after build but it is not updated when the
> package is loaded. I see that the tar.gz file is updated but when I load
> the package, I get the old version. The only solution that I found was
> to update in R session and rerun package.skeleton, build etc. Why the
> update doesn't work directly in R folder?

Perhaps this is relevant?

?library

Details:

 	(Furthermore, if the package has a name
      	space and a name space of that name is already loaded, they work
      	from the existing name space rather than reloading from the file
      	system.  If you want to reload a package, call .detach. or
      	.unloadNamespace. first.)

HTH,

Chuck