[R] 3-D response surface using wireframe()

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 21:46:24 CEST 2010

On Apr 8, 2010, at 3:13 PM, array chip wrote:

> David,
>
> That does the job! Thanks a lot.
>
> Now I am very very close to what I want. Still have a couple of
> small adjustments to make.
>
> 1. I use drape=TRUE to draw grid and color on the surface, is there
> a parameter to adjust the density of the grid?

If you mean the spacing between points, then isn't that determined by
the density of the gridded data arguments before they get to the
wireframe function?

> 2. Is there a way that I can add grid to the axis surface? I mean
> the sides of the box, between x & y, between x & z, and between y &
> z? And I need to choose which 3 side of the box that I want to add
> grid?

See Figure 13.7 of Sarkar's Lattice text for an example of a panel
function that collapses the contourLines of the volcano dataset at the
top bounding surface by using ltransform3dto3d with a z argument of
zlim.scaled[2]. I would think that a grid could be 3dto3d transformed
similarly.

--
David.

> Thank you all for the help. It's fun to play with wireframe
>
> John

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT