[R] logistic regression in an incomplete dataset

Desmond Campbell ucbtddc at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 6 13:19:15 CEST 2010

Dear Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes you are quite right (your example) complete case does not require
MCAR, however as well as being a bit less robust than ML it is throwing
away data.

Missing Data in Clinical Studies, Geert Molenberghs, Michael Kenward,
have a nice section in chapter 3 or 4 where they rubbish Complete Case
and Last Case Carried Forward.

Ah well, I don't have time to do anything clever so I'm just going to go
along with the complete case logistic regression.

regards
Desmond