[R] ODD and EVEN numbers

Detlef Steuer detlef.steuer at hsu-hamburg.de
Fri Apr 2 08:48:04 CEST 2010

Just to give you a hint for the future:

If you ask google for "odd, even, R" you get a messages from 2003 as second match:

-------------------------------
Dave Caccace wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to create a function, jim(p) which varies
> depending on whether the value of p is odd or even. I
> was trying to use th eIf function, but i cant work out
> a formula to work out if p is odd or even.
> Thanks,
> Dave

if(p %% 2) "odd" else "even"

Uwe Ligges
problem by yourself googling would be appropriate?
Think for a moment: Google would have given an answer (the answer!) in 1
minute. You wrote an e-mail to quite a few thousands of subscribers.
That needed more than a minute on your side. And how many hours of
reading time took it off of your readers?

Seasonal greetings
Detlef