[R] How to compile R with command completion?

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 22:47:35 CEST 2009

Peng Yu wrote:

> I want to compile R with command completion. But I don't find such an
> option in configure. Can somebody let me know how to enable command
> completion in an R session?

AFAIK this is not an option you set when compiling.
Did you try to type a letter (say 'l') and press the
TAB key ?

If you are not satisfied, you might want to use
other R editors or development environments (such
as StatET for Eclipse or ESS) which implement
command completion in their idiosyncratic ways.

Best,
Tobias