[R] No parametric methods

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Sep 22 23:55:22 CEST 2009

On Sep 22, 2009, at 11:35 AM, Alon Ben-Ari wrote:

> Hello I am interested  in finding out a method of power analysis
> (effect
> size and sample size calculation ) using R in non parametric methods?
>
> I am running  R  2.8.1 running on linux open SUSE
>
> Any libraries or documentation , I was not bale to google up any.

I suspect that the reason no one has yet offered ideas is that the
question is a bit (well, OK, ... extremely) vague. You have not
described in any detail what the question might be. That said there
are several functions for power calculations in the context of
survival analysis in the Hmisc package, some of which probably reduce
to simple cases (such as the Wilcoxon rank sum test) in the absence of
censoring.

--

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories