[R] Negative AIC

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 19:15:29 CEST 2009

Enders (2004), Applied Econometric time series, Wiley,  Exercise 10,
page 102, sets out some of the variations of the AIC and SBC and
contains a good definition.  As these are all monotonic
transformations of one another they lead to the same maximum
(minimum).  I say maximum/minimum because I have seen some persons who
define the information criterion as the negative or other definitions.
  You may even find different definitions used in different functions
in the same software.  The only thing to do is to check the
documentaion to see what definition is being used by each function in
that software.

Best Regards

John Frain