[R] Negative AIC

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Thu Sep 10 17:39:32 CEST 2009

  If all the models are fitted to the same data set, using the same
modeling tools (you have to be careful e.g. comparing lmer models to
glm models, because they use different additive constants), and
everything seems to make sense (!!!), then yes.  I would be a little
surprised, and think that something was wrong, if you have some AIC
values that are on the order of -20,000 (as below) and others that are
+20,000 ...

  Ben Bolker

--
Ben Bolker
Associate professor, Biology Dep't, Univ. of Florida