[R] a publication quality table for summary.zeroinfl()

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 31 09:10:56 CET 2009

Hi Chris,

>> My ideal would be to gather the information onto the clipboard so I
>> could paste it into Excel and do the formatting there, but any approach
>> would be better than what I have now.

I would never use Excel for this since there are far superior tools
available. But it is very easy to assemble the two parts into a single table
for further manipulation. Not sure about the clipboard route, but the
following rather crude approach saves the object (a list) to a *.csv file in
your working directory.

## Simple, crude approach, with theta replicated as last column in the saved
*.csv
data("bioChemists", package = "pscl")
fm_zinb <- zeroinfl(art ~ . | 1, data = bioChemists, dist = "negbin")
Temptab <- list(coef=rbind(summary(fm_zinb)$coefficients[[1]],
summary(fm_zinb)$coefficients[[2]]), theta=fm_zinb$theta)
getwd()
write.csv(Temptab, file="Temptab.csv")
read.csv("Temptab.csv")

## If you have a latex distribution
library(Hmisc)
latex(list(coef=rbind(summary(fm_zinb)$coefficients[[1]],
summary(fm_zinb)$coefficients[[2]]), theta=fm_zinb$theta),
cdec=c(3,3,3,4,3))

Regards, Mark.