[R] a publication quality table for summary.zeroinfl()

Chris Fowler csfowler at u.washington.edu
Sat Oct 31 07:35:06 CET 2009

I will swallow my pride and post to this list for the second time in 24
hours--I have a paper due to a reviewer and I am desperate.

Has anybody written code to move the output from "summary()" called on
the results of a zeroinfl() model (from the pscl package) into a form
suitable for publication?

  When I hit send on this message I am going to begin hand typing stars
into a spreadsheet.

The problem is that the zero-inflated model has two parts: a count and a
zero portion--its coefficients are stored in separate arrays and there
is a Log(theta) that needs to be thrown in there that is in a completely
separate place in the structure of the summary function. As a result the
functions that I have found for outputting summaries of other linear
models all give error messages when attempted on this summary object.

My ideal would be to gather the information onto the clipboard so I
could paste it into Excel and do the formatting there, but any approach
would be better than what I have now.

Thanks,

Chris