[R] Problem Removing Border Lines in Maps Package

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Sat Oct 24 21:28:20 CEST 2009

If you don't want the county boundaries, then don't use the county map.  There is the state database that does not have county information.

If you want the counties different colors, but no dividing lines, then you may want to try the maptools and sp packages (shapefiles for the states/counties is available on the web) which use a different algorithm for storing and drawing the maps and will let you draw the outlines in the same color as the fill.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org