[R] Ubuntu, Revolutions, R

AJ Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 16:20:34 CEST 2009

Andrew Choens <andy.choens <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am interested in hearing from members of the community, REvolution
 Computing
> employees/supporters (although please ID yourself as such) and most
anyone
> else. I can see what they say on their website, but I'm interested in
getting
> other opinions too.
>
> Thanks!

Ubuntu is a commercial distribution, for loose definitions of
commercial.
Why shouldn't they cut a deal with Revolution, who is doing a very
similar thing?

If you want something closer to the ideal of volunteer-driven free
 as in beer
and speech, you'll need to stick with Debian.

Canonical and Revolution have very similar business models.
And they just
happen to have similar relationships to volunteer-driven
development in Debian
and R-Core.

-tony

AJ Rossini