[R] statistics and R package for election results

Bill.Venables at csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Thu Oct 8 09:15:47 CEST 2009

What are you trying to find out from your analysis and what techniques do you have in mind for doing it?

It might be as well to sort out this first (and tell us if you have) rather than look round for a package first and then decide on what you want to do in the analysis.

Having said all that, though, I'd be surprised if everything you need is not in the 'stats' package.  Perhaps the nnet package might also be useful if you want  multinomial models, (but you could even handle these with glm() in the stats package also).  Both stats and nnet come standard with R.

Bill Venables.