[R] Text editors for Sweave (rnw) files

Tue Oct 6 18:51:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Oct 6, 2009, at 12:30 PM, Gregory Gentlemen wrote:

> Hi fellow R-users,
>
> Are there any text editors that recognize sweave (.rnw) files? I am
> running Windows Vista and in the past I used Tinn-R for R files but
> it (surprisingly) doesn't recognize rnw files and does not do any
> syntax highlighting for them.

I don't run windows, but rumor has it that the e-texteditor is
supposed to support TextMate bundles. So, since TextMate has bundles
to support *.R, *.Rnw, *.Rd files, I would imagine the e editor could
work, too:

Editor:
http://www.e-texteditor.com/

Getting more bundles:
http://e-texteditor.com/wiki/index.php/Bundles#How_To_Get_More_Bundles

You'll see several R bundles here (for TextMate, which should
theoretically work for you)
http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Bundles/

I suspect this would be the one you want:
http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Bundles/R.tmbundle/

Hope that helps,
-steve

--