[R] Unable to install lme4

jamesmcc jlmccreight at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:13:31 CEST 2009

This is the first time I've encountered R having difficulty with package and
R version compatibility. I cant believe no one has fixed generally so that
your version of R can get the latest package appropriate to that version.
How nice would that be? :)

Anyway, I figured it out for my version (2.8.1). I needed to install Matrix
package first, which was also outdated.

> R CMD INSTALL -l lib Matrix_0.999375-22.tar.gz
> R CMD INSTALL -l lib lme4_0.999375-28.tar.gz

it loads now within R. I haven used it much yet.