[R] how to use # in a rd doc in url address

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Wed Nov 11 18:25:48 CET 2009

x="\url{http://www.xxxx.org/myfolder/#myanchor}"
print(x,quote=F)

Does this work for you?
Daniel

-------------------------
cuncta stricte discussurus
-------------------------

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: r-help-bounces at r-project.org [mailto:r-help-bounces at r-project.org] Im
Auftrag von Patrick Giraudoux
Gesendet: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:15 PM
An: r-help at r-project.org
Betreff: [R] how to use # in a rd doc in url address

I am writing a rd doc, and need to use "#" in a url adress. This would make:

\url{http://www.xxxx.org/myfolder/#myanchor}

Of course, I suppose this will not work because # is a special character
starting a comment line in the rd dialect.  I did not found a similar
example in "Writing R exentions". I am not sure bout using \dQuote{a
quotation}), and use \sQuote and \dQuote correctly. Does anyone know how to
get the thing right ?

Patrick