[R] How to see any R package code?

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Fri Nov 6 00:44:17 CET 2009

On 11/06/2009 02:24 AM, Zhijiang Wang wrote:
>     Dear All,
>     I have modified a .R code (/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/brainwaver/R), but
>     when I run it, why does it run the original code? Whatever I modified it,
>     the results did not change.
>     what happened?

Hi Zhijiang,
If you modify a source code file in an external editor, you must save
the result, then use:

source("usr/local/lib/R/site-library/brainwaver/R/mycode.R")

where "mycode.R" is the name of the file that you have modified. The
code that you "source" will replace the previous code. It looks like you
are modifying the code of one or more functions in the brainwaver
package, so when you have the function working as you wish, you will
probably want to rebuild the package, perhaps renaming it to something
like brainwaver2. See "Writing R extensions" (R-exts.html) for
information on how to do this. You would then be able to use:

library(brainwaver2)

instead of the original library.

Jim