[R] good numerical optimization to use in R?

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri May 22 18:36:17 CEST 2009

      Have you tried the "maxLik" package?  If that is not adequate, you
can check "CRAN Task View: Optimization and Mathematical Programming"
(http://cran.fhcrc.org/web/views/Optimization.html).  Or try the new
"RSiteSearch.function" in the "RSiteSearch" package.  If none of these
adequate, please provide another post with more detail about what you've
tried and why it does not seem adequate, preferably providing provide
commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code, as suggeste in
the posting guide "http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer