[R] package for /usr/lib64/R/library/tkrplot/libs/tkrplot.so

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun May 17 20:16:57 CEST 2009

On 17 May 2009 at 12:53, Juergen Rose wrote:
| 'revdep-rebuild' under GENTOO shows me
| that /usr/lib64/R/library/tkrplot/libs/tkrplot.so, which was installed
| at April 24th, is broken.
| 'ldd /usr/lib64/R/library/tkrplot/libs/tkrplot.so' shows me that
| tkrplot.so needs libtcl8.4.so and libtk8.4.so, which is no more
| installed since the installation of tcl,tk-8.5.7, which has happened at
| april 26th.
| But revdep-rebuild can't find out a gentoo-package for tkrplot.so.
| That's why I assume, that tkrplot.so belongs to a CRAN package.
| Also update.packages() inside R does not no that tkrplot.so is broken.
|
| How can I find out, which CRAN package installs tkrplot.so?

There are two clues:

 i)  R always installs all files for package 'foo' in a top-level directory
     'foo' below the entry of the library paths select -- if not set, it uses
     the default which is the first element returned by .libPaths()

     in your case:  'tkrplot' below  /usr/lib64/R/library/

 ii) For every package foo with to-be-compiled source code, R (on Linux)
     always creates a shared library libs/foo.so in the per-package directory
     tree.

     in your case:  'tkrplot'

As an added bonus, can can always Google for the file itself. That would have
led you to tkrplot too.

Dirk