[R] drawing arrows

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Sat May 16 12:04:37 CEST 2009

christophe dutang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to draw arrows in a classic 2D plot. Which package should I
> use? is there R base functions that do job?
>
> On google, I could not find any useful discussion about this topic, except a
> link to the function 'grid.arrows' of the grid package.
>
> My problem is I would like to draw arrows at the edge of circles drawn by
> the 'symbols' function. Maybe there is already a dedicated function for
> this?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Christophe

Hi Christophe,
If you are trying to do what I think you are trying to do, consider
drawing the arrow first, with the starting point at the center of the
circle, then draw the circle with a fill color the same as the
background. This should give you a circle with a nice radial arrow
emerging from the edge.

Jim