[R] selecting points on 3D scatterplots

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri May 15 14:51:39 CEST 2009

Dear list members,

I was out of town when this message arrived and so didn't respond at the
time. I did respond to a private email from the poster.

Yes, the scatter3d() function in the Rcmdr package can identify points in 3D
scatterplots drawn with rgl via the identify3d() function in the same
package. Points are identified by right-clicking and dragging. The nice()
function is in the car package, one of the "suggested" packages for the
Rcmdr package.

John