[R] Sweave: Howto write real TeX formula in plot

Jonas Stein news at jonasstein.de
Tue May 12 21:14:30 CEST 2009

Thank you, Baptiste and Charlie.
I found some examples wich look great on:
http://www.texample.net/tikz/examples/

>> Perhaps try the pgfSweave package on r-forge?
>> http://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/pgfsweave/>
> [..]
> accomplished using the java utility eps2pgf and requires the PGF/TiKZ
> package for LaTeX:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pgf/

I have installed pgf with apt-get install pgf. That worked fine, but
installing pgfSweave fails.

I did this:

,----[ in R interpreter (running as root) ]

| install.packages('pgfSweave',,'http://www.rforge.net/')
|
| Warning in install.packages("pgfSweave", , "http://www.rforge.net/") :
|   argument 'lib' is missing: using '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library'
| trying URL 'http://www.rforge.net/src/contrib/pgfSweave_0.7.1.tar.gz'
| Content type 'application/x-tar' length 1017992 bytes (994 Kb)
| opened URL
| ==================================================
| downloaded 994 Kb
|
| * Installing *source* package 'pgfSweave' ...
| ** R
| ** exec
| ** inst
| ** preparing package for lazy loading
| Warning in library(pkg, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, lib.loc = lib.loc) :
|   there is no package called 'stashR'
| Error: package 'stashR' could not be loaded
| Execution halted
| ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'pgfSweave'
| ** Removing '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/pgfSweave'
|
| The downloaded packages are in
|         /tmp/Rtmp6huu9t/downloaded_packages
| Warning messages:
| 1: In install.packages("pgfSweave", , "http://www.rforge.net/") :
|   dependencies ‘stashR’, ‘filehash’, ‘digest’, ‘cacheSweave’ are not available
| 2: In install.packages("pgfSweave", , "http://www.rforge.net/") :
|   installation of package 'pgfSweave' had non-zero exit status

`----

what will i have to do now?

And could someone give me an example how to write a formula in a plot?
Like plot(... title="$\sigma^2 + \int x$")

Thank you very much,

--
Jonas Stein <news at jonasstein.de>