[R] Unintended loading of package:datasets

David A Vavra davavra at verizon.net
Sun May 10 23:17:38 CEST 2009

The dataset package is being loaded apparently by one of the packages that I
am using. The loading of the datasets takes a long time and I would like to
eliminate it. I thought the datasets were effectively examples so don't
understand why they would be required at all.

1) How can I determine what is causing the datasets to be loaded?
2) How can I stop them from doing so?

I am using the following:

Rpart, grDevices, graphics, stats, utils, methods, base
There is also an environment named 'Autoloads'

TIA