[R] CHM error

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri May 8 13:11:23 CEST 2009

tognox wrote:
> Hi,
> I would need some help in solving a problem with my R.
> Whenever I try to type " ?paste " or in general any command for the html
> help in R, I receive this error message. The strange thing is that I have
> never had this kind of problem in the past with R, and now I really don't
> understand why it says that. Also I have selected every single element in
> the installation process.
> The message is this one:
>
> Error in
> print.help_files_with_topic("D:/Programmi/R/R-2.9.0/library/base/chm/print")
> :
> CHM file could not be displayed
>
> I would really appreciate some suggestion. Thanks very much.

Since some security concerns with chm files have been published:
your admin might have disabled chm interpretation by Windows or some
other software is blocking chm files. Or perhaps the file is corrupted
and needs to be reinstalled?
The relevant one is
D:/Programmi/R/R-2.9.0/library/base/chtml/base.chm

Uwe Ligges