[R] read.xls question

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 10:51:59 CET 2009

There are two read.xls functions: one is in gdata and one is in
xlsReadWrite packages and neither is unreliable.   You've simply
not loaded the package.  There is more info here and interfacing
to Excel:
http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=tips:data-io:ms_windows

You should read the Introduction manual and see ?library for loading
a package.