[R] read.xls question

Rodrigo Aluizio r.aluizio at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 10:38:20 CET 2009

To turn the function avaliable you have to load the library first, to
do so:

library(xlsReadWrite)
Then you use your command read.xls.
I'm suposing that you already had installed the xlsReadWrite package.

A better alternative to this package is RODBC, which also read excel
2007 files. Take a look on it at the CRAN web site.

Hope it helps.
Best wishes.

Rodrigo Aluizio