[R] alternative to EMV?

Elsaesser, Chris chris at mitre.org
Thu Mar 12 13:44:09 CET 2009

I need a package that can compute missing values of n-dimensional vectors for n > 2. This is a kind of interpolation, complicated in dimensions higher than 2. The idea is that I have a set of fully specified vectors (i.e., with no missing values) and I get a new vector that has one or more missing attributes; I need to fill in the missing values with values that are, based on the 'training set', representative.

EMV appeared to be the solution but it has been taken off CRAN and I can't seem to install the archived version by hand on my Windoz machine.

Does anyone know of an alternative to EMV?

Thanks,

Chris Elsaesser, PhD           703.371.7301 (m)
Principal Engineer               703.983.4116 (o)
Information Discovery & Understanding
The MITRE Corporation
McLean, VA