[R] R editor that will work with Rcmdr

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Thu Mar 5 17:33:46 CET 2009

Peter,
I see that you do not think Rcmdr should be used to as a program editor
for R code. I understand that modifying Rmcdr to make it an editor would
be an enormous undertaking, nevertheless, having a program editor that
works with Rcmdr would be a wonderful addition to what is already an
outstanding package. It would be nice to know that my R code was
automatically formatted as I enter it into Rcmdr.
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

>>> "John Fox" <jfox at mcmaster.ca> 3/5/2009 11:18 AM >>>
Dear Peter,

I've resisted trying to make the script window a full-fledged editor
but it's been moving in that direction (right-click context menu, line
wrapping, etc). I don't think that the Ctext widget is currently
provided via the tcltk package. I still think that people who want a
real programming editor are better off not using the Rcmdr for that
purpose.

Best,
 John