[R] Question about multiple plots of zoo objects

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:22:48 CET 2009

Are you trying to color the points themselves?   This plots the
first two series in frame 1 (they are the same but one is plotted
as points and the  other as a line) and the third series is shown
in frame 2 and for the series of points it colors them green or red.
The lines are all colored black:

library(zoo)
set.seed(1)
x <- zoo(rnorm(10))
s <- sign(x)

plot(cbind(x, x, s), screen = c(1, 1, 2), type = c("p", "l", "l"),
  col = list(ifelse(s > 0, "green", "red"), 1, 1), pch = 20)